“CW City Wize” Mobile Guide Helps Fans Find Hot Spots and Locations Seen on Hit Series GOSSIP GIRL, 90210 and the All-New MELROSE PLACE
“CWTV” Application Delivers Direct Mobile Access to Video Clips of All CW Shows Including Previews, Recaps, Cast Interviews and Behind-The-Scenes Footage
The CW Network and CBS Mobile today announced the launch of two new CW applications on the iTunes App Store that allow users to watch short-form videos and engage with their favorite CW shows and characters.
The “CW City Wize” application, sponsored by Target, is a mobile city guide that provides CW fans with maps that highlight actual locations seen or talked about on The CW’s hit shows GOSSIP GIRL, 90210 and the all-new MELROSE PLACE. Various locales displayed on the app will also feature video clips from these three respective shows. In addition, viewers can map locations and read reviews of favorite hot spots — restaurants, bars, clubs, hotels and shopping — within the cities where the shows take place: New York City, Beverly Hills and Hollywood.
The “CWTV” application gives CW fans direct access to video clips of all CW programming, including previews, recaps, interviews with the cast, and behind-the-scenes footage of popular CW shows. Fans can also link out to iTunes to purchase full length episodes of GOSSIP GIRL, 90210, MELROSE PLACE, THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, ONE TREE HILL, AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL, SUPERNATURAL, and SMALLVILLE.
“The CW is proud to have some of the most passionate fans in all of television, and we’re thrilled to offer them an imaginative way to further immerse themselves into the world of their favorite shows, wherever and however they want with our new ‘CW City Wize’ and ‘CWTV’ apps,” said Rick Haskins, Executive Vice President of Marketing and Brand Strategy, The CW Network. “These fun and engaging mobile offerings allow us to further extend The CW brand into this vibrant platform and also enhance the TV experience for the fans of our shows.”
“We are excited to deliver CW fans innovative new ways to get engaged with hit shows like GOSSIP GIRL and MELROSE PLACE – much the way sports fans do through their fantasy teams,” said Randy Ahn, VP, Entertainment & Sports, CBS Mobile. “With the City Wize app, fans can literally walk in the steps of their favorite characters – visit the hottest restaurants, shop at the trendiest stores and view the actual locations where scenes from hit CW shows were taped. Fans also get unique access to CW programming thorough the CWTV app, including an extensive photo gallery, detailed searches, and schedules for their favorite shows, all through their iPhone or iPod touch.”
The “CW City Wize” application includes these features:
- Mapping: Users from across the U.S. can access maps displaying actual locations where scenes from specific CW shows are shot, and several locales will feature accompanying video clips from the show. Locations are updated as each new episodes airs.
- Hot Spots: Maps include a list of the top restaurants, bars, clubs, hotels and shopping in the featured areas. Additionally, specific hot spot locations offer “perks” or special offerings—including anything from 10% off a meal to a free dessert.
- Database of High End Locations and Reviews: The application features an extensive database of high-end locations, full reviews and information which can be filtered by category.
- Bookmark Feature: For CW fans planning on visiting New York City, Beverly Hills or Hollywood, the bookmark feature stores saved locations to visit during their trip.
The “CWTV” application includes these features:
- Clips of All CW Shows: The “CWTV” application delivers video clips of all current CW programming, including previews, recaps, and behind-the-scenes footage of popular CW shows. Users can also dig deeper into their favorite shows through full photo galleries featuring cast members and scenes, and interviews with the cast, directly from their iPhone and iPod touch.
- CWTV Schedule: The CWTV schedule provides up-to-the-minute air times and dates for all CW programming. Users can also keep track of their favorite CW shows through episode summaries and details of each episode’s air-date.
- Create a Customized “Feed”: Users are able to create a custom video feed based on their favorite CW content.
- Share with Friends: The “CWTV” application makes it easy to share videos and photos with others.
- Purchase Full Length Episodes from iTunes: Fans can also link out to iTunes to purchase full length episodes of GOSSIP GIRL, 90210, MELROSE PLACE, THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, ONE TREE HILL, AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL, SUPERNATURAL and SMALLVILLE.
CBS Mobile partnered with BlackBook Media Corp. to develop the CW City Wize application and Rhythm NewMedia to develop the CWTV application.
About The CW
The CW Network was formed as a joint venture between Warner Bros. Entertainment and CBS Corporation in 2006. The CW is America’s fifth broadcast network and the only network targeting women 18-34. The CW offers a five-night, 10-hour primetime lineup that runs Monday through Friday; a two-hour weekday afternoon block; and a five-hour Saturday morning animation block that delivers a total of 25 hours of programming a week over six days. The network’s primetime schedule includes such popular series as AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL, GOSSIP GIRL, 90210, ONE TREE HILL,SUPERNATURAL and SMALLVILLE, as well as new series MELROSE PLACE and THE VAMPIRE DIARIES.
About CBS Mobile
CBS Mobile, a unit of CBS Interactive Inc., is charged with building CBS Corporation’s wireless business across entertainment, sports and news for CBS, The CW, and CBS Paramount Television. As part of this mission, CBS Mobile offers consumers some of the most innovative and best-of wireless content available today, ranging from the nation’s first mobile video alerts for CBS Mobile News, CBS Sports Mobile and entertainment properties, to some of the nation’s largest mobile Web sites, made-for-mobile video on all major carriers, a 24/7 mobile television network, and partnerships with the world’s more leading edge mobile technology and ad targeting companies. CBS Corporation is the parent company of CBS Interactive Inc.
About CBS Interactive
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the best online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 200 million people visiting its properties each month, it is the 8th largest Web property globally and the 5th largest Web property in the U.S. in terms of unique video viewers. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, BNET, CBS RADIO and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and business.